I spent forever putting a fun video together, but couldn't make it shorter than 5 minutes - yes, I have issues! I figured, who wants to sit through a 5+ min video of our little family...of course I can watch Braden all day long and I can never get enough, but I'm sure it would be beyond OVER THE TOP for all you to sit and watch...so, I've decided to include just a few pics instead - keep it simple! Pics begin before being born, 1day, 1 week, 1 month - 13months old. Enjoy!
It is a miracle to watch how Braden has developed into this amazing little person in just 1 year. He is extremely vocal and is pretty animated. He is now walking...but, still crawls when he needs to get somewhere "fast" :) He says, Da-da, Ma-ma, baba (no clue what that is) and he gibber jabbers all the time...oh, and he said "more" the other day!! He started being a pickier eater, which shocked me, but we were able to get our amazing eater back with the helps of some tips from some amazing Mama's!! His favorites are avocado, olives, yogurt, grapes, watermelon (we discovered this at one of his parties!!), blueberries and string cheese. He had a taste of "awesomeness" at his birthday party and I must say I think he'll have a sweet tooth like his Mommy. He is beginning to like milk. He points to everything that he wants and/or needs, which makes it a lot easier for us to know what he wants/needs. He LOVES LOVES LOVES his Daddy...he is always ready for dinner by 5PM and so he is always in his high chair when Jess walks through the back door and I wish I could capture the look on that kids face when he sees his Da-da!! He points and says Da Da Da Da Da with the brightest glow I've ever seen!!! He has grown quite an adorable relationship with our kitty, we are very thankful our cat is so lazy because he is so great with Braden. One of his new favorite toys is his red wagon that my parents got him for his birthday...he actually throws a "tantrum" when we make him get out of it, it's classic. He LOVES to "read" his books and he has even begun putting his toys away in his playroom...it's pretty neat that he can watch us do something and then learns it immediately! He loves to swim and he is getting great at putting his face under water. I have much more that I would love to share, but I don't want to bore you!!!
Braden's 1 year stats: 20lbs & 30.25 inches long
I just have to say this boy brings me more JOY than I ever imagined possible. Braden turning one was beyond bittersweet for me, but like everyone says "each stage gets better & better". It was so bittersweet in fact I couldn't even send out our Happy 1st Birthday to family nor post it on the blog. I am so blessed to be living my dream job which I truly believe I was created for, being a Mommy. I was never meant for an office job :)
Thanks sweet boy for being the bestest son in the world!!
Wishing you all a very Happy 4th of July!!