Due to this pregnancy not being a traditional one we decided to go against our tradition of not finding out the gender of our babes and this time to FIND OUT! It was really special & magical in a completely different way and we are so happy to have gotten to share this joy with our littles and I believe they will forever remember the moment; and it was extra special having my Mama getting to be a part of it.
A
sweet friend of mine is an amazing baker and so I talked with her a few
weeks ago about ordering a cake that I had found that I thought was so
sweet to do a reveal celebration. And in the frosting in the middle would
be blue or pink :)
We had our ultra sound last Thursday and we had my doctor put the gender in an envelope so we could pass along to our friend that was going to bake the cake. Some would have thought this would have killed me to not open that envelope (which my doc had sealed, so she must've known the temptation!), but I was so excited to find out by cutting into a slice of cake for the "SURPRISE" that it didn't bother me much...my hubby was open to whatever I decided to do and my Mama was OVER THE MOON excited to find out, she wanted the doctor to tell her right then & there, lol! But of course she was supportive to wait & truly excited to find out via blue or pink frosting :)
It turned out incredible, as always!
We all held the knife, while my sweet Mama video'd and we all brought the first slice of cake onto the plate...along the edge of the cake my baker friend had put blue & pink frosting dots around it and as we were cutting into the piece I saw some blue frosting come onto the knife so I was like "its a boy!!!!!!", BUT then as we flipped the cake onto the plate and saw it was . . .
P I N K ! ! ! !
We shared our joy with our family & best friends that evening and immediately they were ecstatic, but naturally ask what were the littles reactions? Braden, being our incredibly tender hearted boy & truly the best big brother in the world who is wise beyond his years & for months was processing in his head what his little heart desired. He was hoping for a boy; he wanted a brother to tackle with, even though he tackles with Elyse, it's quite different since there are a lot of limitations being that she's a girl and he also wanted the baby to be able to sleep with him, should we end up having them share rooms down the road...in his mind he thought if it was a girl that just meant he wouldn't be able to be as involved, we were prepared, well as much as one can prepare, for his sadness if it was a girl...and when he saw the "pink" he was in denial for a minute and he looked at me with tears in his eyes and said "Mama, I wanted the baby to be a boy! I wanted him to be able to sleep in my room!", so I quickly recovered with encouraging him and promising him that this baby girl could absolutely sleep with him, whenever he wants her to and he could hold her and carry her whenever his little heart desired. I even told him if he wants to share a room that badly that we could have him & his bestest friend in the universe, Elyse, share rooms together asap! And he looked at me and said "could we get bunk beds for Elyse to be in my room??!"...and quickly the tears of sadness were turned into tears of joy as his little heart realized that he had a very special new role being the big brother of 2 princesses and he was happy as could be about it! As for Elyse, she was ecstatic to have a little sister & would have been equally happy if it was a boy, this sweet girl just wants a live baby doll of her own...and we are prepared for our current princess to have some future meltdowns as another princess moves in ;)
This little baby girl is going to be the luckiest girl alive; she has the world's best big brother to protect her, love on her & keep her safe and she has the world's best big sister to share secrets with & play dress up with! And of course Daddy is freaking out a tad about 3 girlies in our home and Mama & GG have already begun shopping ;) Well, in all honesty Mama started shopping once I was put on bedrest for both boy & girl stuff (I thought we were having another boy, lol!).
Have a happy week!
Have a happy week!



