8.01.2008

he tipped the scale once again!

today was Braden's 2 month appointment. he weighed in at 13lbs/6oz & 24inches long! he was 89% for weight & 88% for height...Great Grandma & Great Grandpa he must have your genes because that is the only place that any height comes into play with this family! I was full of mixed emotions and anxiety for this appointment as he was scheduled to start his vaccinations...which is just plain overwhelming for me. after hours of research I felt like I had educated myself on the vaccines and I just needed to leave it in the Lord's hands. my girlfriend Leslie emailed me her devotion from today which was so perfect for my soul ~ here it is:
"As a mother, you've been given the divine call to mold a life. Stop and think about it. That's a staggering responsibility. god entrusted to you the child or children you've received because no one else could do the job quite like you!"
unfortunately I hadn't received it until I got home, but it was still
so precious to me and soooo encouraging. The Lord gave Braden to us ~ I am his Momma and he entrusted his life to both Jesse & I. I need to trust HIM that I am doing my best and not try to take so much control on situations I really have no control over.

my Mom originally was scheduled to come up and go to the appointment with me since Jesse is just swamped at work, but some other plans came up and I didn't feel it necessary for my Mom to drive up just for the appointment. as selfishly as I would have LOVED having her with me, it just seemed silly ~ so my heart was very sad, but I knew I'd be seeing her in a few weeks. thanks Mom for always being so amazingly flexible with me!!

so, since my Mommy wasn't coming up for the appointment my girlfriend, Ashley, immediately picked up on my anxiety and without thought offered to come with me. generally, I wouldn't take someone up on something like this, but I knew I needed a
friend to be there as a support and let me tell you I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO thankful she was there with me! for the previous 24 hours Braden just wasn't himself - he wouldn't nap and he wanted to be held 24/7 by me or else he'd cry ~ I honestly don't mind that, he normally LOVES to be held, but he normally isn't a fusser...so it got my attention yesterday when this all started, and then today at the doc appt (now keep in mind he has NEVER CRIED at any of his doc appt's which the pediatrician even remembered) he started crying the second he had to be put on the table where I couldn't be right with him ~ it honestly broke my heart in half to have him looking into my eyes and have him screaming/crying his head off and there wasn't anything I could do, except cry and that is exactly what I did. I didn't care that I was crying, I didn't care if the doctor thought I was weak, I hurt so bad for my lil man. thankfully I have an amazing doctor and he was concerned for Braden that he may be coming down with something ~ so he called off the vaccines, for one they aren't safe if your immune system is down and for seconds I think he genuinely cares for his patients and could sense my nervousness and just wanted to give me more time. it was so nice having Ashley and her beautiful baby girl Addie there with me because she is probably one of the most encouraging woman I have ever known. she continually was encouraging me with sweet words that Braden is probably just growing or he senses my nervousness and how I was doing a great job with him. thank you Ashley! we met through some mutual friends a little over a year ago and from the moment we met her & her hubby they have stood out as true friends to us. they now live just up the street from us which is awesome! she is an amazing Mommy and I admire her strength and confidence that everything is going to be "OK". thank you so much Ashley for going and being my pal through this learning experience! I love you & I'm so excited to raise our kiddos together!Ashley & Ms. Addie

once I got home my girlfriends Diane & Denise came up to visit. I used to work with both of them and they are just so very special to me. Diane is a spitting image of my Auntie Anne, it is almost scary how much they are alike! it was always awesome working with someone that was like my Anne! Denise is a sweetheart, she really has such a big heart . I cherish both of their words of wisdom ~ they are always full of knowledge. I just adore you & am so thankful we were finally able to connect! Braden was a little flirt with them, full of smiles and even a few giggles...absolutely adorable! they are 2 proud Aunties of their adorable Braden!
lots of love to you both!
xoxoMy SLO Auntie Anne (AKA Diane or Stinker!)Sweet Denise

here is a fun quick video of our lil guy in his crib...he just LOVES his crib from Grandma & Grandpa, but Momma just isn't quite ready for him to leave our room yet! during the day though he naps in it and does great! here's a cute video of him observing all his lil animals on his mobile...it is just precious!